1 tbs of rice bran oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbs of mild curry powder (I used korma curry powder-mild)
1 cup dried red lentils rinsed and drained
1 tsp of fresh ginger finely chopped
3 &1/2 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup of fresh coriander
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook onion for 8-10 minutes until softened
3. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for another 2 minutes
4. Add lentil and stock and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered for 30 minutes until lentils have softened.
6. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20-30 mins until thickened.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Serve warm with coriander and plain roti canai.