1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 & 1/2 cups white flour
1 tsp bi carb soda
pinch of salt
zest of 1 lime
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 apple sliced thinly (I keep the skin on)
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease 18cm (5.5inch) diameter cake tin
2. Mix all the dry ingredients into a big bowl
3. Then add the wet ingredients on top of the dry ingredients and whisk up with a fork.
4.Cut the apple into quarters, remove core the put through the food processor to cut into thin slices.
5.Fill 1/4 of the cake tin with the batter, then add 2 layers of the apple.
6. Add another layer of batter to the pan then top with the apple slice until the batter mix is finished.
7. Bake for 40-50 mins, until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean
8. Allow the cake to cool before placing onto the serving plate.
I always cut out a circular cut out with baking paper to place on the bottom of the cake tin so you never have an incident where the bottom of the cake gets stuck.
Use a food processor or mandolin to cut the apple thinly.