With chicken thighs in the fridge, I thought this would be a quick and easy meal to make. Plus there's the added bonus that the kids love it too. The ponzu dressing is so easy and I love the citrus notes especially as limes are in season at the moment.
Ingredients4-5 chicken thigh fillets (it's up to you whether you select with skin or without, I like it as either version)
2 tbs of olive oil (or whatever cooking oil you have)
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon
60mL light soy sauce
Finely sliced spring onions
Finely sliced red chilli
Method1. Make the ponzu dressing first, add the lime, lemon juice, mirin, soy and stir well.
2. Season chicken thighs well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat.
4. Add chicken (if you use with skin, then skin side first) and cook for 3-4 minutes (or until skin is golden and crispy).
5. Turn chicken over, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
6. Slice the chicken and arrange on serving plate.
7. Drizzle ponzu dressing, sprinkle the sliced chicken with spring onion and chilli.
8. Serve with rice.
If you like crispy skin then I recommend that you put a smaller pan on top of the chicken to weigh it down which will help with that.