Sunday, April 26, 2015

Quick apple pie

I love apple pie and I thought I'd share my love for these with the kids. This is my quick option for a midweek dessert. It's easy to add different fruit such as pear to mix it up. It's a definitely hit and I've been asked twice this week if I'm making this again for dessert. 'Of course' was the answer.


Serves 4

Ingredients


1 apple thinly sliced (I keep the peel on)
1/2 pear thinly sliced with skin (optional)
2 sheets of puff pastry

Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 tsp of brown sugar
20g butter
20g currants

 

Method


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
 
2. Cut the sheets of puff pastry in half so you end up with 4 rectangular pieces of puff pastry. 

3. Place 6-8 slices of apple and 2 slices of pear on the bottom half of each of the rectangle of puff pastry

4. Sprinkle cinnamon on the apples

5. Add 1 tsp of brown sugar on each of the apples

6. Sprinkle a few currants on top of the apple filling

7. Add a knob of butter on each apple filling 

8. Fold the puff pastry over to close the parcels and press the edges down with a fork. 

9. Brush melted butter over the top of each square parcel. 

10. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden in colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment